Life In A Remote Sicilian Town
Saturday, July 15 to Monday, July 24, 2023
10 days, 9 nights
with an optional Palermo pre-tour package from Wednesday, July 12 to Saturday, July 15
Immerse yourself in Secret Sicily! “Secret” because you’ll escape the ordinary while basing your travels for 10 days in the mountain village of Licodia Eubea. We’ll take care of the details while you create memories. You’ll delight in Eastern Sicily’s treasures—its people, its heritage, its cuisine, and its natural beauty. You’ll visit principal sites while staying in a town of 3000 locals as they celebrate their patroness, Santa Margherita. Your intellect will be stimulated by UNESCO sites while your heart will be warmed by the generosity of our local hosts.
Add on our Palermo pre-tour from July 12 to July 15!
Our July 2023 Sicily Tour Highlights
- Meet the mayor and enjoy evening passeggiatas with the locals of the town of Licodia Eubea
- Experience the annual feast and procession for our hosts’ patroness Santa Margherita
- Delight in a hands-on cooking class, a magnificent vineyard tour, and beach time
- Tour UNESCO sites including Agrigento’s Valley of the Temples, Ragusa, and the Roman Villa of Casale with expert guides
- Explore Mount Etna, Europe’s largest, most active volcano with expert, local guides
- Stroll through the enchanting towns of Taormina, Siracusa/Ortigia, Ragusa Ibla, and Modica
$4,100 per person, double occupancy (Single Supplement $600). Land only. 10 days, 9 nights. Includes everything but six meals (Includes all breakfasts, four lunches, and seven dinners.)
Palermo Pre-Tour: $1,400/person double occupancy (single occupancy $200). 4 days, 3 nights.
- Early Registration Incentive Pricing! Pay in-full by March 1, 2023 and receive $275/person off the cost of your tour.
Immerse yourself in Secret Sicily
“Our time in Sicily with Allison was magical. The tour was incredibly well-planned and executed, and we didn’t have a single bad day. As a family, we always appreciated how Allison made our young daughter feel included in the group’s activities and took her needs into consideration, and she had a terrific time on the tours and excursions. She swam in the Mediterranean and Ionian seas, lit candles in 14th Century churches, learned Italian, and most of all made new friends in ways she never had before.
The local guides were informative and generous with their knowledge, and we felt welcome as members of the family in Licodia Eubea. On our last night the town came out to teach us to make pasta and have a dance party!
On a more personal note, Allison helped us find members of our extended family in a nearby town from which my husband’s grandfather emigrated. Connecting with that heritage meant the world to us and now we have an entire world where we feel at home. This trip was life-changing. I highly recommend it for families or for anyone wanting to discover this wonderful part of the world. We will be returning as soon as we can!”
~ Allison, Chicago | Secret Sicily: Life in a Remote Sicilian Town Tour 2022
Day by Day Itinerary