Wednesday, September 20 to Wednesday, September 27, 2023
8 days, 7 nights
with an optional Eastern Sicily pre-tour package from Saturday, September 16 to Wednesday, September 20
Delight in hands-on cooking classes, wine tastings of Sicily’s outstanding vintages, and interaction with locals. You’ll learn time-tested recipes of traditional Sicilian dishes while relishing the beauty and enchantment of central and western Sicily’s UNESCO sites and hidden communities. We’ll savor moments in Palermo’s vibrant markets, among the trees at an organic olive farm, with singing sheep at a family-run dairy (mmm… fresh ricotta!), and by getting our hands in the dough with home-schooled mammas and trained chefs. Co-hosted by chef Antonino Elia of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, you’ll be entertained while having the peace of mind that we’ve taken care of all the details.
Join our Eastern Sicily prelude tour that starts on September 16!
Cooking in Sicily Highlights
- Delight in hands-on cooking classes of time-tested Sicilian dishes with home-schooled mammas and trained chefs
- Drink in the winemaking process among the vines at a sun-kissed vineyard in the Alcamo wine region
- Be enchanted by UNESCO sites Valley of the Temples and Palermo’s Arab-Norman patrimony
- Feel the wind in your hair on the Tyrrhenian Sea during a breathtaking boat excursion
- Sing with the fish mongers’ choruses heard in Palermo’s vibrant markets
- Savor the ambrosia of a family-run sheep farm and barbecue freshly made sausage in the forest
- Laugh with the locals of Western Sicily and your fellow travelers
- Enjoy peace of mind because we’ve taken care of all the details
$4,100 per person, double occupancy (Single Supplement $500). Land only. 8 days, 7 nights. Includes everything but one dinner (Includes seven breakfasts, six lunches, and six dinners.).
Add the Eastern Sicily pre-tour from September 16 to 20
“A beautiful and varied experience. Allison is full of knowledge and fun and helped bond our group into a family. She connected us with the best guides and chefs who shared their expertise with enthusiasm. We tasted and cooked traditional foods specific to this area and street foods. And we celebrated Sicily as friends. Grazie Allison!”
~ Ann, Pennsylvania | Participant Stirring Sicily Tour 2022
Watch our video to learn more about Stirring Sicily:
(Please note the video contains our 2020 dates. 2023 dates are listed on this page. We apologize for any confusion.)
Inhale the terroir of the Mediterranean through its recipes and wines when you cook with us in Sicily!