From the Stone Garden

The Parrocchia San Sebastiano in Palazzolo Acreide, Sicily offers a classic example of the elegant, UNESCO recognized architectural design of the “Late Baroque Towns of the Val di Noto.” Palazzolo Acreide is one of the towns that make up the UNESCO site. The town was rebuilt after the earthquake of 1693 that flattened much of the region of southeastern Sicily, also known as The Stone Garden for its beautiful limestone buildings and extensive stone walls.

Leave a Reply