The Temple of Concord in Agrigento’s Valley of the Temples is one of the best preserved Doric temples in the world. Built in c. 430 B.C. by Greek colonists, it has 34 enormous columns. It owes its relatively excellent state to a 4th century A.D. conversion to a Christian basilica. It’s unclear to whom the “Tempio della Concordia,” as it is known in Italian, was first dedicated. It earned its current name when a 1748 restoration deconstructed the basilica and returned the temple to its ancient Greek and Roman form.