July 15 to 24, 2022
Immerse yourself in Sicily during our Secret Sicily: Life in a Remote Sicilian Town tour. Secret, because you’ll escape the ordinary with 10 days based in the mountain village of Licodia Eubea. You’ll delight in Eastern Sicily’s treasures—its people, its heritage, its cuisine, and its natural beauty as we go deeper into Sicily. We’ll visit principal sites while basing ourselves in a town of 3000 locals as they celebrate their patroness Santa Margherita–that’s the secret part! Your intellect will be stimulated by UNESCO sites while your heart will be warmed by the generosity of our local hosts.
“A thoughtfully curated and executed tour. It was an amazing introduction to Sicily as it is today, as well as the history and living culture of the island. Allison fine tuned and tweaked the experiences during our tour which enhanced our trip greatly, our comfort and enjoyment of paramount importance. I can’t say enough good things about this trip. This is what travel is about.”~ Marietta from Cranford, New Jersey |Participant in 2019’s Life in A Remote Sicilian Town tour
Our July 2022 Sicily Tour Highlights
- Meet the mayor and enjoy evening passeggiatas with the locals of the town of Licodia Eubea
- Experience the annual feast and procession for our hosts’ patroness Santa Margherita
- Delight in a hands-on cooking class, a magnificent vineyard tour, and beach time
- Tour UNESCO sites including Agrigento’s Valley of the Temples, Ragusa, and the Roman Villa of Casale with expert guides
- Explore Mount Etna, Europe’s largest, most active volcano with expert, local guides
- Stroll through the enchanting towns of Taormina, Siracusa/Ortigia, Ragusa Ibla, and Modica
> Stand by for an announcement about a pre-tour extension that will include two full days in Palermo center during the Feast of Santa Rosalia. More details to come!
Immerse yourself in Secret Sicily!
Contact Us for More Information