- Tour I: Wednesday, September 14 to Wednesday, September 21, 2022
- Tour II: Wednesday, September 28 to Wednesday, October 5, 2022
Delight in hands-on cooking classes, wine tastings of Sicily’s outstanding vintages, and interaction with locals. You’ll learn time-tested recipes of traditional Sicilian dishes while relishing the beauty and enchantment of some of Sicily’s UNESCO sites and hidden communities. Co-hosted by Sicilian-born chef Antonino Elia, you’ll be delighted while having the peace of mind that we’ve taken care of all of the details.
Cooking in Sicily: Stirring Sicily Highlights
- Delight in hands-on cooking classes of time-tested Sicilian dishes with home-schooled mammas and trained chefs
- Drink in the winemaking process among the vines at a sun-kissed vineyard in the Alcamo wine region
- Be enchanted by UNESCO sites Valley of the Temples and Palermo’s Arab-Norman patrimony
- Feel the wind in your hair on the Tyrrhenian Sea during a breathtaking boat excursion
- Sing with the fish mongers’ choruses heard in Palermo’s vibrant markets
- Savor the ambrosia of a family-run sheep farm and barbecue freshly made sausage in the forest
- Laugh with the locals of Western Sicily and your fellow travelers
- Enjoy peace of mind because we’ve taken care of all the details
See the full, day by day itinerary below!
“We have been blessed with several opportunities to travel much of Italy and Sicily over the past years. This latest experience in Sicily took us deeper into the Sicilian culture, history, people and food then we have ever experienced. Everyone that we came in contact with was incredibly kind and informative about the areas they were either explaining or, showing us. Many thanks to Allison and Nino for a great trip. I can’t wait to start planning our next trip with Experience Sicily.”
~ Bill from Lancaster, Penn. | Participant in 2019’s Stirring Sicily“Our accommodations were pleasant and therefore a significant factor making the home base before and after our busy days. The fact that we had Chef Nino and Chef Giuseppe traveling with us was an authentic reminder we were experiencing food as well as the beautiful landscape. We really did Stir and taste Sicily. Our group was especially interested and interesting. We became family, keeping the spirit up daily!
~ Kate from Brooklyn, New York | Participant in 2019’s Stirring Sicily
Watch our video to learn more about Stirring Sicily:
Inhale the terroir of the Mediterranean through its recipes and wines when you cook with us in Sicily! (Please note, we apologize for any confusion. The video contains our 2020 dates. 2022 dates are listed on this page.)