May 25 to June 6, 2020
Explore the myths on Sicily’s surface and experience the mysteries below while touring Sicily’s UNESCO sites and hidden corners in springtime. During Myths & Mysteries of Sicily, you’ll discover off-the-beaten path towns, interact with locals, and immerse yourself in Sicilian culture and ancient history. Co-hosted by New York City based shamanic and wellness practitioner Tony Allicino and Experience Sicily owner and curator Allison Scola, you will connect to Sicily in a profound, personal way through guided meditations, shamanic journeys, ceremonies, and rituals.
May 2020 Sicily Tour Highlights
- Fully escorted and supported by professional drivers
- Limited to 12 or fewer guests
- Take it in deeply with guided ceremonies and rituals led by wellness practitioner Tony Allicino (See Tony’s bio below in the full itinerary!)
- Interaction with locals that will warm your heart
- Relaxed time in Siracusa/Ortigia*
- Live performance of ancient Greek Theater in Siracusa’s Teatro Greco
- Get up close to an extinct crater during your Mount Etna* Excursion
- Time on your own in bewitching Taormina
- Hands-on cooking class and market tour in Ortigia
- Wander through baroque Ragusa Ibla*
- Valley of the Temples in Agrigento*
- Explore the hidden corners of Agrigento Province
- Private tour of Selinunte archaeological park
- Palermo and Monreale*, including street food and market tour
- Lo Zingaro Boat Excursion
- Trapani’s Salt Flats and Erice
* UNESCO sites
Scroll down to read the full day by day itinerary.
Refresh your spirit in Sicily May 2020! Contact us today.
Watch our video to learn more!
“Allison’s passion for Sicily — its people, its complex history, and its traditions and culture — permeates every aspect of this tour, which introduces her groups to aspects of the island that most travelers would never see or experience. The great care taken with every aspect of the travel experience is exemplary, and Allison’s ability to flex and adapt with aplomb when something unexpected occurs is a great testimony to her skill, care, and integrity as a tour leader. The local resources woven into the itinerary, from chefs, artists and craftspeople to expert local guides, greatly enrich the experience. This was no ordinary group tour! It was an exquisitely curated travel and cultural adventure.”~Peter from Marblehead, MA | Participant in May 2019 Myths & Mysteries of Sicily: As Above/So Below