July 16 to 25, 2020 – Canceled due to Covid-19
Immerse yourself in Sicily! Escape the ordinary with 10 days in the mountain village of Licodia Eubea. You’ll delight in Eastern Sicily’s treasures—its people, its heritage, its cuisine, and its natural beauty as we go deeper into Sicily. We’ll visit principal sites while basing ourselves in a town of 3000 locals as they celebrate their patroness Santa Margherita. Your intellect will be stimulated by UNESCO sites while your heart will be warmed by the generosity of our local hosts.
“A thoughtfully curated and executed tour. It was an amazing introduction to Sicily as it is today, as well as the history and living culture of the island. Allison fine tuned and tweaked the experiences during our tour which enhanced our trip greatly, our comfort and enjoyment of paramount importance. I can’t say enough good things about this trip. This is what travel is about.”~ Marietta from Cranford, New Jersey |Participant in 2019’s Life in A Remote Sicilian Town tour
Watch our video to learn more!
Our July 2020 Sicily Tour Highlights
- Meet the mayor and enjoy evening passeggiatas with the locals of the town of Licodia Eubea
- Experience the annual feast and procession for our hosts’ patroness Santa Margherita
- Delight in a hands-on cooking class, a magnificent vineyard tour, and beach time
- Tour UNESCO sites including Agrigento’s Valley of the Temples, Ragusa, and the Roman Villa of Casale with expert guides
- Explore Mount Etna, Europe’s largest, most active volcano with expert, local guides
- Stroll through the enchanting towns of Taormina, Siracusa/Ortigia, Ragusa Ibla, and Modica