Thank you for entrusting Experience Sicily with your travels!
Secret Sicily, Friday, July 15 to Sunday, July 24, 2022
NB more specific details for your travels will be published in the final itinerary to be issued about one month before your arrival in Sicily.
Your What to Expect preparation document will be sent to you May 31, 2022.
Optional Palermo Prelude Package
Palermo offers travelers intriguing historic sites from ancient Phoenician ruins to spectacular Arab Norman palaces to dazzling rococo baroque churches. These attractions are punctuated by dynamic outdoor markets, extraordinary street food, and live music from opera to folk. Street- to contemporary art will provoke you, and the shopping with high-end to artisanal offerings will thrill you. Arrive early to acclimate to Sicily and explore Palermo with the guidance of Experience Sicily.
Ask us about adding this optional prelude to your itinerary.
Palermo Pre-Tour Package
Join us for this small-group, pre-tour Palermo itinerary from Tuesday, July 12 through Friday, July 15.
Palermo Pre-Tour Tuesday, July 12 through Friday, July 15
Day 1 | Tuesday, July 12 – Transfer from Palermo Airport, Orientation, and Dinner as a group
Day 2 | Wednesday, July 13 – Market, culture, street food tour (includes lunch) led by expert, local guide, Opera dei Pupi performance and demonstration, Dinner on your own, Time to enjoy the festivities around the Feast of Santa Rosalia
Day 3 | Thursday, July 14 – Tour Monreale Cathedral with expert guide, Time on your own in Cefalù, Evening’s Il Festino festivities for the Feast of Santa Rosalia in Palermo (lunch and dinner on your own)
Day 4 | Friday, July 15 – Visit the Catacombs of Palermo, Travel as a group to Licodia Eubea/Secret Sicily’s home-base with lunch at a family-run trattoria along the way … Start of Secret Sicily …
$1,400 per person, double occupancy (Single Supplement $105). Land only.
4 days, 3 nights
- Led by Experience Sicily’s Owner/Curator Allison Scola
- Includes 3 nights of 4-star accommodations in Palermo’s historic center
- Price covers costs of all group activities and related gratuities
- Includes three breakfasts, two lunches, and one dinner
- Includes airport transfer from Palermo Airport and all group transportation, including transfer to Licodia Eubea, our home-base for Secret Sicily
Let’s Get Started
Start here to learn about next steps to prepare for your departure.
- An overview of your trip and option for Palermo Prelude
- Once you arrive in Sicily/Transportation from the airport to our first hotel
- Reserving your flights to and from Sicily
Concerns About the Pandemic and Travel in Italy
COVID-19 travel protocols for the 2022 travel season will be clearer once you are closer to departure. I’ll update you with the latest mandates and expected behavior then. Watch this video to learn about current expectations regarding traveling during the pandemic.
- What is required to enter Italy
- The current mandates in Italy
- Requirements to re-enter the United States
- How to prepare
For your information: EMed.com, the at-home official COVID-19 test for travel mentioned.
Your Tour Cancellation Policy and Terms and Conditions Explained
The following video was recorded to help you understand the details included in the Welcome Letter and your Acknowledgement of the Cancellation and Refund Policy and Terms and Conditions.
- Details about what is included in your tour package
- Outline of Cancellation and Refund Policy
Experience Sicily tour packages do not include insurance coverage. Experience Sicily all-but-requires that you purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy to protect your trip investment. A comprehensive insurance policy includes coverage for medical expenses, evacuation coverage, loss or damage to luggage, personal accident, loss or damage to property, trip cancellation or postponement, personal liability, legal expenses, and emergency expenses. It should also include coverage for pre-existing health conditions.
- When to purchase travel insurance
- Why to purchase travel insurance
- What policy benefits should you consider
- Review your Welcome Letter and electronically sign the Terms and Conditions Acknowledgement.
- Pay your travel package invoice. See the invoice sent via Intuit/Quickbooks for payment instructions.
- Submit the Traveler Details form for each person in your party at https://experiencesicily.com/traveler-details/.
- When completing the Traveler Details form, you will indicate if you’d like us to reach out to you regarding covering your trip investment with travel insurance. If you elect to have Experience Sicily help you purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy, we will be in contact in the days ahead to help identify and purchase the right policy for you. It’s best to purchase a policy within 14 days of the first purchase towards your trip.
- If you elect to decline travel insurance, we will send you a Travel Insurance Waiver form to complete.
- Purchase your flights to Sicily. For help identifying and purchasing your flights, please contact our agency partner. See the video above for more explanation.
Sr. Vice President
Travelong of Summit
4 Chatham Road
Summit, N J 07901
908-277-2700 x 316
When contacting Travelong, please have ready/send them your exact travel dates, your full name as it appears on your passport, and your birthdate.
- Please submit your Emergency Contact information by May 16, 2022. We’ll send you a reminder closer to when it’s officially due.
- Your What to Expect travel preparation document will be delivered to you by May 31, 2022.
- Consider purchasing an EMed COVID-19 testing kit at EMed.com to make your testing requirments easy. More details about the latest requirements will be available as we approach your departure.
- Your final, detailed, electronic itinerary will be delivered to you on or about June 15, 2022.
- The official start date of your tour is Friday, July 15, 2022.
The Experience Sicily Team
Over the course of the next months, you may hear from different members of the Experience Sicily team.
Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Client Support Manager
Rockland County, NY
New York, NY
We look forward to delighting you with a phenomenal trip to Sicily!