Santa Rosalia, the patroness of Palermo, presides over the piazza in front of the city’s cathedral. Rosalia lived during the 12th century. She was a hermit who swore off her noble upbringing and committed herself to her Christian faith. In July, we at Experience Sicily are hosting a 4-day Palermo experience from the 12-15, during il Festino, the historic center’s festival that honors our Santuzza. Join me! Read more about this pre-lude to Secret Sicily, open to all, at https://experiencesicily.com/secret-sicily-july-2022/
Join us for this small-group, micro-tour Palermo itinerary from Tuesday, July 12 through Friday, July 15.
Palermo “Il Festino” Micro-Tour Tuesday, July 12 through Friday, July 15
Day 1 | Tuesday, July 12 – Transfer from Palermo Airport, Orientation, and Dinner as a group
Day 2 | Wednesday, July 13 – Market, culture, street food tour (includes lunch) led by expert, local guide, Opera dei Pupi performance and demonstration, Dinner on your own, Time to enjoy the festivities around the Feast of Santa Rosalia
Day 3 | Thursday, July 14 – Tour Monreale Cathedral with expert guide, Time on your own in Cefalù, Evening’s Il Festino festivities for the Feast of Santa Rosalia in Palermo (lunch and dinner on your own)
Day 4 | Friday, July 15 – Visit the Catacombs of Palermo, Travel as a group to Licodia Eubea/Secret Sicily’s home-base with lunch at a family-run trattoria along the way … Start of Secret Sicily …
$1,400 per person, double occupancy (Single Supplement $105). Land only.
4 days, 3 nights
- Led by Experience Sicily’s Owner/Curator Allison Scola
- Includes 3 nights of 4-star accommodations in Palermo’s historic center
- Price covers costs of all group activities and related gratuities
- Includes three breakfasts, two lunches, and one dinner
- Includes airport transfer from Palermo Airport and all group transportation, including transfer to Licodia Eubea, our home-base for Secret Sicily